Sunday, June 13, 2010

My FIFTH grader!!!!

My baby girl is now a fifth grader.

A fifth grader.

I have said this many times about the things in my life and I will say it again in the future many times. But here I say....

How did this happen???

I vaguely remember the time before she was born. My life then was apparently more uneventful than even I realized. I always got into bed on time. I always got up on time. I got ready and went to work on time. I had no idea how boring I was.

And then, she drifted into our world.....

She has given me lots in her short 10 years. I often tell her that she made me a Mom. And it's true. Without her, I wouldn't have become who I am today. Yes, I would have probably had other children, but she is my favorite daughter and I tell her that often as well. (She often reminds me that she is my only daughter :D)

Anyway, she finished the 4th grade on May 26, 2010, and after a kind of rough year, she pulled off a report card with ALL A's!!!! Way to go, girl!!!! SO proud of you!

And boy, was she glad it was over......
Yes, she is 10. Yes, I let her get hightlights. No, I don't like them as much as I had hoped. Yes, she looks WAY too old. Will I let her get them again? Who knows really.....

And shortly into the summer, we already required a visit from the Tooth Fairy. He didn't get my text the night he was needed, but got it late and visited during the next day while we were gone to Abilene. Maybe next time, he will be on time! :)


No comments: