Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Picture post

I have really been taking alot more pictures lately than I normally would have done P.B. (pre-blog). Problem is, they don't automatically jump into the blog. So, I have decided to post many and explain as I go along. I seem to do that more often than not...

While we (minus Byron) were in Dallas for LTC, Kevin graciously took me to the cemetery where my grandparents are buried. Byron is named after my grandmother--Hurst is his middle name and my grandmother's maiden name. (Incidentally, my granddad always did call him Hurst. My grandmother never got to meet him.) Collin was discovered shortly after my granddad passed away and we named him Mac after my granddad (last name: McGowan). He worked for a trucking company for 35+ years before retiring. My sister told me after we had decided on Mac that is what the guys at the trucking company called my granddad all those years. I never knew that.....

We were there on Saturday, April 3. Their 63rd anniversary would have been Monday, April 5.
A little bit of manual labor.....
This was before all the rain started....
Byron decided to dig up the weeds. After he was done, he asked what a weed looked like...But he was prepared with his wagon and shovel, hoe and rake...

First taste of popsicle
Wondering how such a big guy can fit on such a little trike. I wondered the same thing myself....

He saw a nu nu (i.e. pacifier) under the kitchen table and walked all the way around trying to find a way in to get it....

He finally decided there was no other way but to dive right in under it...GOT IT!!!!

Kevin has always been big on the issue of the boys wearing caps. Byron needed one because he was so fair skinned. Collin just needs one to fit in but never cared for anything on his head. He finally decided he needed to be like the big boys! He got it off the peg in the hallway, put it on his head (kind of), and walked around with it on for a while. I had to take a picture to get proof!And, of course, Byron needed in on the picture too....

1 comment:

T.Ervin said...

Cute pictures....I especially like the one of that big boy on the trike...I love the fact that Collin is named after your granddad Mac....love it.