Sunday, March 18, 2012

(Making an attempt at) Understanding the will of God

As I sit writing this, my 36 year old brother is sitting in an intensive care unit hospital room beside the bed of the 35 year old love of his life.  He holds her hand as constantly as he can.  He sings to her.  He talks to her.  He prays.  He begs God to make her whole again for him and his young beautiful children.

Why?!

His love for her is second to no one except God.  They love God.  They do His will.  They bring their children up to love Him and obey Him.

What good could this unbelievably stressful trial accomplish for those who already love Him SO much?

And yet, we read in God's word:

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:28




I don't understand this.  I don't understand this at all.  But I have to trust God. I am a very inquisitive person.  I ask alot of questions. (That is most likely where Byron gets it from.) And I have to trust that whatever happens is what He intended, especially when I don't know all the answers.

I leave for Florida on Monday.  I am pleading with God to let her be sitting up and talking to everyone when I arrive. 

I ask that you pray this pray with me please. 
Pray for healing. 
Pray for strength. 
Pray for safe travel. 
Pray for answers. 

Just PRAY...

No comments: